This article shows we should stop grousing about the “poor state of marriage in America.” Referring to a study by Shaunti Feldhahn, it debunks this myth while making the following points:
- The divorce rate has never reached 50% and is far lower than that.
- The 50% figure was a projection based on trends in the 1970’s and ’80’s. It was never the reality.
- The divorce rate has been dropping.
- 80% of marriages are happy.
- “The divorce rate among those active in their church is 27 to 50 percent lower than among non-churchgoers.”
- “Of all marriages, Christian marriages prove the most durable.”
So, read and enjoy: Get Ready To Be Shocked